The Resident in Training Educational Stipend (RITES) award was instituted by the Ghana Physicians and Surgeons Foundation of North America in 2015. Ghanaian physicians working and living in the United States sponsor the RITES program to enable fellows-in-training from Ghana to benefit from the Yale Partnership for Global Health Program. The program offers an observership and research mentorship experience at Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, USA. As the 2022 RITES awardee, author Dzifa Ahadzi shadowed the heart failure (HF) service at Yale University School of Medicine after completing cardiology fellowship training in Accra, Ghana. The following discussion contains some critical thoughts about the care and management of patients with HF in Ghana on the basis of this experience.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiac Failure
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Current trends in admissions and outcomes of cardiac diseases in Ghana.Clin Cardiol. 2017; 40 (Available at:): 783-788
- A transition care coordinator model reduces hospital readmissions and costs.Contemp Clin Trials. 2019; 81 (Available at): 55-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2019.04.014
- Constructing a nurse-led cardiovascular disease intervention in rural Ghana: a qualitative analysis.Ann Glob Heal. 2021; 87 (Available at:): 121,1-11
- Are community-based nurse-led self-management support interventions effective in chronic patients? Results of a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2017; 12 (Available at): 1-22https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0173617
- 10-year heart failure outcomes from nurse-driven clinics in rural sub-Saharan Africa.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 73 (Available at:): 977-980
Published online: January 09, 2023
Accepted: December 14, 2022
Received in revised form: December 13, 2022
Received: September 2, 2022
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.