- •Severe PGD is more common in heart transplant following DCD than following DBD.
- •Among patients with severe PGD, DCD recipients recover faster than DBD recipients.
- •PGD following DCD heart transplant may better be described as delayed graft function.
- •DCD is a safe and effective tool for expanding the heart-donor pool.
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Long-term outcome following heart transplantation: current perspective.J Thorac Dis. 2015; 7: 549-551
- The International Thoracic Organ Transplant Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: Thirty-sixth Adult Heart Transplantation Report: 2019; focus theme: donor and recipient size match.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: 1056-1066
- Recipient and surgical factors trigger severe primary graft dysfunction after heart transplant.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 970-980
- Validation of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation primary graft dysfunction instrument in heart transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2019; 38: 260-266
- Primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation: incidence, trends, and associated risk factors.Am J Transplant. 2018; 18: 1461-1470
- Primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation: outcomes and resource utilization.J Card Surg. 2019; 34: 1519-1525
- Clinical relevance of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation consensus classification of primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation: epidemiology, risk factors, and outcomes.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2017; 36: 1217-1225
- Application of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) criteria for primary graft dysfunction after cardiac transplantation: outcomes from a high-volume centre.Eur J Cardio-Thorac Surg. 2016; 51: 263-270
- Dose-dependent association between amiodarone and severe primary graft dysfunction in orthotopic heart transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2017; 36: 1226-1233
- Primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation: a thorn amongst the roses.Heart Fail Rev. 2019; 24: 805-820
- Increasing the United States heart transplant donor pool with donation after circulatory death.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 159: e307-e309
- Feasibility and potential impact of heart transplantation from adult donors after circulatory death.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022; 79: 148-162
- Retrospective single centre comparison of outcomes between standard criteria and marginal criteria brain dead heart transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2016; 35: S296
- DCD donations and outcomes of heart transplantation: the Australian experience.Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2020; 36: 224-232
- A 5-year single-center early experience of heart transplantation from donation after circulatory-determined death donors.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2020; 39: 1463-1475
- Expanding heart transplants from donors after circulatory death (DCD): results of the first randomized controlled trial using the Organ Care System (OCS™) Heart: (OCS DCD Heart Trial).J Heart Lung Transplant. 2022; 41: S72
- Proteomic profiling identifies CLEC4C expression as a novel biomarker of primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 1589-1598
- Report from a consensus conference on primary graft dysfunction after cardiac transplantation.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2014; 33: 327-340
- Primary graft dysfunction after heart transplantation: unravelling the enigma.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2021; 47100941
- The future of heart procurement with donation after circulatory death: current practice and opportunities for advancement.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2022; 41: 1385-1390
- Heart transplantation from donation after circulatory death donors: Present and future.J Card Surg. 2020; 35: 875-885
- Ex-vivo perfusion of donor hearts for human heart transplantation (PROCEED II): a prospective, open-label, multicentre, randomised non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 2577-2584
- Early US experience with cardiac donation after circulatory death (DCD) using normothermic regional perfusion.J Heart Lung Transplant. 2021; 40: 1408-1418
- Early experience with donation after circulatory death heart transplantation using normothermic regional perfusion in the United States.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2021; 164: 557-568