- •Persistent or new congestion within the first 24 hours of cardiogenic shock is associated with worse outcomes.
- •BiV or persistent congestion and higher SCAI stages are associated with worsening hemodynamics.
- •Incorporating hemodynamic and congestion assessment plus SCAI stages in AMI-CS could potentially impact clinical outcomes by optimizing guideline-directed therapies.
Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Twenty-year trends in the incidence and outcome of cardiogenic shock in AMIS plus registry.Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.118.007293
- Temporal trends in the epidemiology, management, and outcome of patients with cardiogenic shock complicating acute coronary syndromes.Eur J Heart Fail. 2015; 17: 1124-1132https://doi.org/10.1002/EJHF.339
- Cardiogenic Shock Among Patients with and without Acute Myocardial Infarction in a Latin American Country: A Single-Institution Study.Glob Heart. 2021; 16https://doi.org/10.5334/GH.988
- SCAI SHOCK Stage Classification Expert Consensus Update: A Review and Incorporation of Validation Studies.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2022; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2022.01.018
- Invasive Hemodynamic Assessment and Classification of In-Hospital Mortality Risk Among Patients With Cardiogenic Shock.Circ Heart Fail. 2020; 13e007099https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.120.007099
- Cardiogenic Shock Classification to Predict Mortality in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 2117-2128https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JACC.2019.07.077
- Complete Hemodynamic Profiling With Pulmonary Artery Catheters in Cardiogenic Shock Is Associated With Lower In-Hospital Mortality.JACC Hear Fail. 2020; 8: 903-913
- A Pragmatic Approach to Weaning Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support: A State-of-the-Art Review.JACC Hear Fail. 2021; 9: 664-673https://doi.org/10.1016/J.JCHF.2021.05.011/SUPPL_FILE/MMC1.DOCX
- Right Ventricular Dysfunction Is Common and Identifies Patients at Risk of Dying in Cardiogenic Shock.J Card Fail. 2021; 27: 1061-1072https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cardfail.2021.07.013
- Hemodynamic Predictors of Heart Failure Morbidity and Mortality: Fluid or Flow?.J Card Fail. 2016; 22: 182-189https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CARDFAIL.2015.11.012
- Right Ventricular Dysfunction in Acute Myocardial Infarction Complicated by Cardiogenic Shock: A Hemodynamic Analysis of the Should We Emergently Revascularize Occluded Coronaries for Cardiogenic Shock (SHOCK) Trial and Registry.J Card Fail. 2018; 24: 148-156https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CARDFAIL.2017.10.009