Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Falls and fall-related injuries among community-dwelling adults in the United States.PloS One. 2016; 11 (e0150939-e0150939)https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0150939
- Older people's experiences of falling and perceived risk of falls in the community: a narrative synthesis of qualitative research.Int J Older People Nurs. 2017; 12https://doi.org/10.1111/opn.12151
- Preventing and managing falls in adults with cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2022; 15e000108https://doi.org/10.1161/HCQ.0000000000000108
- Falls in community-dwelling older adults with heart failure: a retrospective cohort study.Heart Lung. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2019.12.005
- Characterizing sex differences in physical frailty phenotypes in heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2021; 14: 926-936https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCHEARTFAILURE.120.008076
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chron Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Risk factors for serious injury during falls by older persons in the community.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1995; 43: 1214-1221https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1995.tb07396.x
- Older individuals with diabetes have an increased risk of recurrent falls: analysis of potential mediating factors: the Longitudinal Ageing Study Amsterdam.Age Ageing. 2012; 41: 358-365https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afr145
- Frailty as a predictor of future falls among community-dwelling older people: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Am Med Direc Assoc. 2015; 16: 1027-1033https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2015.06.018
- Forgetting falls: the limited accuracy of recall of falls in the elderly.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1988; 36: 613-616https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1988.tb06155.x
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Tweet: Your patient w/ #HeartFailure may be falling more than you know. Out of 111 pts, 40% experienced 1+ falls, and 25% experienced 2+ falls over one year. Baseline predictors of falls: #Diabetes, slow gait, & fatigue.