Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Cardiac Failure
- Contemporary provider management practices and attitudes towards referral for advanced heart failure therapies in Fontan patients across North America.J Card Fail. 2022; (in press)
- Reference values for exercise limitations among adults with congenital heart disease: relation to activities of daily life–single-centre experience and review of published data.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 1386-1396
- Predictors of morbidity and mortality in contemporary Fontan patients: results from a multicenter study including cardiopulmonary exercise testing in 321 patients.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 3073-3083
- Value of peak exercise oxygen consumption for optimal timing of cardiac transplantation in ambulatory patients with heart failure.Circulation. 1991; 83: 778-786
Schumacher K, Kindel S, ACTION ACHD/HF Awareness & Fontan Committee Members. Considerations for advanced heart failure consultation in Fontan patients: guidance for primary cardiologists. https://www.actionlearningnetwork.org/s/Failing-Fontan-Referral-Document-10_21_19.pdf. [Accessed December 14, 2021 ].
Cedars A & ACTION ACHD/HF Awareness & Fontan Committee Members. Considerations for advanced heart failure consultation in congenital heart disease (CHD) patients: guidance for primary cardiologists. https://www.actionlearningnetwork.org/s/CHD-Referral-Document-2_6_20.pdf. Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Evaluation and management of the child and adult with fontan circulation: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; (CIR0000000000000696)
- Long-term survival, modes of death, and predictors of mortality in patients with Fontan surgery.Circulation. 2008; 117: 85-92
- Mortality in adult congenital heart disease.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1220-1229
ACGME. Program requirements for graduate medical education in adult congenital heart disease. 2020. https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/153_AdultCongenitalHeartDisease_2020_TCC.pdf?ver=2020-06-26-132332-187. Accessed December 14, 2021.
- Advanced heart failure in the ACHD population: finding the fellows’ role in a growing field.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1986-1989
ACGME. Program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatric cardiology. 2020. https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/325_PediatricCardiology_2020.pdf?ver=2020-06-29-162718-490. Accessed December 14, 2021.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Contemporary Provider Management Practices and Attitudes Toward Referral for Advanced Heart Failure Therapies in Fontan Patients Across North AmericaJournal of Cardiac FailureVol. 28Issue 4
- PreviewBackground: To date, no reports have described clinicians’ management practices for patients with Fontan circulatory failure or their understanding of risk factors for mortality and transplant outcomes in these patients.Methods and Results: A cross-sectional survey of caregivers across North America was conducted from February to September 2020. Responses were compared by primary specialty (heart failure/transplant vs non-heart failure/transplant), years of experience (early, mid, and late career), and Fontan center volume (low, medium, and high).