- •Patients with heart failure exhibit lower perfusion of the kidney compared to patients without heart failure.
- •Patients with heart failure have larger transrenal renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system marker gradients compared to controls without heart failure.
- •Such renal origin of neurohormonal activation may be associated with renal vasoconstriction and lower perfusion of the kidney in patients with heart failure.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Pathophysiology of cardiorenal syndrome type 2 in stable chronic heart failure: workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI).Contrib Nephrol. 2013; 182: 117-136
- Renal dysfunction, as measured by the modification of diet in renal disease equations, and outcome in patients with advanced heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2007; 28: 3027-3033
- The renal arterial resistance index predicts worsening renal function in chronic heart failure patients.Cardioren Med. 2016; 7: 42-49
- syndrome: an overview.Adv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2018; 25: 382-390
- Angiotensin II: nitric oxide interactions in the control of sympathetic outflow in heart failure.Heart Fail Rev. 2000; 5: 27-43
- Sympathetic activation in congestive heart failure: an updated overview.Heart Fail Rev. 2021; 26: 173-182
- Assessment of human sympathetic nervous system activity from measurements of norepinephrine turnover.Hypertension. 1988; 11: 3-20
- Collaborative Group on ACE Inhibitor Trials. Overview of randomized trials of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors on mortality and morbidity in patients with heart failure.JAMA. 1995; 273: 1450-1456
- Long-term outcome in relation to renal sympathetic activity in patients with chronic heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2005; 26: 906-913
- Neurohumoral interactions contributing to renal vasoconstriction and decreased renal blood flow in heart failure.Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2019; 317: R386-R396
- Renal denervation modulates angiotensin receptor expression in the renal cortex of rabbits with chronic heart failure.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011; 300: F31-F39
- The effects of dobutamine on renal sympathetic activity in human heart failure.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008; 51: 434-436
- Impaired baroreceptor control of renal sympathetic activity in human chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2004; 109: 2862-2865
- Evaluation of renal resistances, with special reference to changes in essential hypertension.J Clin Invest. 1951; 30: 1143-1155
- Characterisation of glomerular haemodynamic responses to SGLT2 inhibition in patients with type 1 diabetes and renal hyperfiltration.Diabetologia. 2014; 57: 2599-2602
- Plasma uric acid effects on glomerular haemodynamic profile of patients with uncomplicated type 1 diabetes mellitus.Diabet Med. 2016; 33: 1102-1111
- Glomerular haemodynamic profile of patients with type 1 diabetes compared with healthy control subjects.Diabet Med. 2015; 32: 972-979
- Regulation of glomerular filtration rate in chronic congestive heart failure patients.Kidney Int. 1988; 34: 361-367
- Role of the kidney in congestive heart failure: relationship of cardiac index to kidney function.Drugs. 1990; 39 (discussion 2–4): 10-21
- Salt and water imbalance in chronic heart failure.Intern Emerg Med. 2011; 6: 29-36
- Evidence for preserved cardiopulmonary baroreflex control of renal cortical blood flow in humans with advanced heart failure: a positron emission tomography study.Circulation. 1995; 92: 395-401
- High glucose stimulates angiotensinogen gene expression via reactive oxygen species generation in rat kidney proximal tubular cells.Endocrinology. 2002; 143: 2975-2985
- Neprilysin inhibition: a new therapeutic option for type 2 diabetes?.Diabetologia. 2019; 62: 1113-1122
- Sodium glucose cotransporter-2 inhibition in heart failure: potential mechanisms, clinical applications, and summary of clinical trials.Circulation. 2017; 136: 1643-1658
- Variant adrenal venous anatomy in 546 laparoscopic adrenalectomies.JAMA Surg. 2013; 148: 378-383
- The central renin-angiotensin system and sympathetic nerve activity in chronic heart failure.Clin Sci (Lond). 2014; 126: 695-706
Toronto and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; New Haven, Connecticut; and Sao Paolo, Brazil