Methods and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Relation between gender, etiology and survival in patients with symptomatic heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 1781-1788
- Gender differences in survival in advanced heart failure. Insights from the FIRST study.Circulation. 1999; 99: 1816-1821
- Gender and survival in patients with heart failure: interactions with diabetes and aetiology. Results from the MAGGIC individual patient meta-analysis.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 473-479
- Hospitalizations after heart failure diagnosis a community perspective.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1695-1702
- Sex differences in in-hospital mortality in acute decompensated heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction.Am Heart J. 2012; 163 (437.e1–3): 430-437
- Gender differences in in-hospital management and outcomes in patients with decompensated heart failure: analysis from the Acute Decompensated Heart Failure National Registry (ADHERE).J Card Fail. 2006; 12: 100-107
- Clinical features and prognosis of heart failure in women. A 5-year prospective study.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 133: 327-335
- Comparison of women versus men hospitalized with heart failure (from a 20-year registry in a middle-eastern country 1991–2010).Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 395-400
- Gender differences in patients admitted with advanced decompensated heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 454-458
- Gender differences in advanced heart failure: insights from the BEST study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 42: 2128-2134
- Influence of race and gender on care process, resource use, and hospital-based outcomes in congestive heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 76-81
- Female sex is associated with a better long-term survival in patients hospitalized with congestive heart failure.Eur Heart J. 2004; 25: 129-135
- Predictors of long-term (4-year) mortality in elderly and young patients with acute heart failure.Eur J Heart Fail. 2010; 12: 833-840
- The management, early and one year outcome in hospitalized patients with heart failure: a national Heart Failure Survey in Israel—HFSIS 2003.Isr Med Assoc J. 2007; 9: 227-233
- Late mortality and determinants in patients with heart failure and preserved systolic left ventricular function: the Israel Nationwide Heart Failure Survey.Isr Med Assoc J. 2007; 9: 234-238
- Mechanisms of sudden cardiac death in myocardial infarction survivors: insights from the randomized trials of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2451-2457
- Clinical determinants of mortality in patients with angiographically diagnosed ischemic or nonischemic cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1002-1008
- Effect of enalapril on survival in patients with reduced left ventricular ejection fractions and congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1991; 325: 293-302
- Predictors of response to cardiac resynchronization therapy in the Multicenter Automatic Defibrillator Implantation Trial With Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (MADIT-CRT).Circulation. 2011; 124: 1527-1536
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment.Eur Heart J. 2011; 32: 670-679
- Diuretic use in heart failure and outcomes.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2013; 94: 490-498
- Approaches to diuretic therapy and electrolyte imbalance in congestive heart failure [review].Cardiol Clin. 1994; 2: 37-50
- Relation between dose of loop diuretics and outcomes in a heart failure population: results of the ESCAPE trial.Eur J Heart Fail. 2007; 9: 1064-1069
- Diuretic strategies in patients with acute decompensated heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 797-805
- Sex-specific acute heart failure phenotypes and outcomes from PROTECT.Eur J Heart Fail. 2013; 15: 1374-1381
Shields DL. Calcium channel blockers as initial therapeutic agents in hypertension: relationship to incident heart failure. Biol Res Nurs. 2013 Jul 16. [Epub ahead of print].
- Frailty: an emerging research and clinical paradigm—issues and controversies.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2007; 62: 731-737
- State of the art in geriatric rehabilitation. Part I: review of frailty and comprehensive geriatric assessment.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 890-897
- Risk factors for 5-year mortality in older adults: the Cardiovascular Health Study.JAMA. 1998; 279: 585-592
- Frailty assessment in the cardiovascular care of older adults.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 747-762
- Frailty and activation of the inflammation and coagulation systems with and without clinical comorbidities: results from the Cardiovascular Health Study.Arch Intern Med. 2002; 162: 2333-2341
- Age-associated increased interleukin-6 gene expression, late-life diseases, and frailty.Annu Rev Med. 2000; 51: 245-270
- Frailty and risk for heart failure in older adults: the Health, Aging, and Body Composition study.Am Heart J. 2013; 166: 887-894
- Gender-related differences in hospitalized heart failure patients.Eur J Heart Fail. 2013; 15: 734-741
The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.
See page 197 for disclosure information.